How to compile a release
It is important to go through these steps in exactly this order!
SVN check out
check out the latest version from SVN
(If only a few changes occured, you might want to work with the last release and apply the changes manually by working through the relevant Trac tickets.)
create a branch
svn copy https://svn.osgeo.org/mapbender/trunk/mapbender https://svn.osgeo.org/mapbender/branches/2.7
update the release information
- Changes.txt (see Version History)
- index.php (version number in portal site)
update the SQL files
delete obsolete files
- in http/tmp folder
- in http/log folder
Create the documentation.
svn copy http://svn.osgeo.org/mapbender/branches/2.7 http://svn.osgeo.org/mapbender/tags/2.7.2 -m "Tagging the 2.7.2 release of the Mapbender"
add a tag in the SVN, for example via Eclipse:
- open the "Navigator" view
- right-click on your project → "Team" → "Branch/Tag"
- change the URL from "trunk/mapbender" to "tags/<release number>"
Read more about proper Deployment.